Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The HULK, Pt. 2

(Continued from Part 1)

At the moment, this is sort of a "temporary" page, as I have a number of later covers, and want to set them up, but they're MUCH later, and if I wait until I get thru all the ones in between, I may never get here.

For me, "the" HULK artist of the 1970's was Herb Trimpe.  If anything, he had an even more "cartoony" style than Jack Kirby, whose are was definitely an influence to a degree.

Here's some covers I cleaned up a while back (which some additional clean-up done just now before posting).  Enjoy!

THE INCREDIBLE HULK 150  /
art by Herb Trimpe & John Severin   (April 1972)
THE INCREDIBLE HULK 161  /
art by Herb Trimpe & Sal Trapani   (March 1973)
More as I go!

Artwork (C) Marvel Comics

Raw Scans from the Heritage Auctions site

Restorations by Henry R. Kujawa

for more:
see The Hulk in TALES TO ASTONISH, right here at this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment